Summer brings a much warmer climate to Grand Rapids that we Michiganders wait all year to enjoy! With so many things to do in Grand Rapids and beyond, why not spice up summer with our Grand Rapids summer bucket list? Make sure to get the most out of your summer in Grand Rapids with our hand-picked bucket list items!
Pin for Later!
Unwind from your busy day and escape to House of Wine, located in the center of downtown Grand Rapids on Monroe Center. The perfect way to spend a summer afternoon! Our Grand Rapids wine tasting experience is truly an event you don’t want to miss. Whether you’re new to wine or a master sommelier, House of Wine will have something for you.
The advantages to purchasing a ticket for a wine tasting experience through GR BucketList;
- Will have a reserved table for your tasting (exclusive perk to Bucket List)
- You will receive “extra/special” attention from the server -they will be prepared to give detailed information on the wines chosen / pairing lessons
- You will receive a discount off 10% off retail bottles
Visit with and Feed Some Animals
Did you know there are multiple places near Grand Rapids to get up and personal with some animals and can even feed them? Visit one of these great places to check this off your Grand Rapids Summer bucket list!
- Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park – Get up close and personal with animals and even feed some of them around Boulder Ridge Animal Park in Alto! Hop aboard a safari vehicle to check out even more animals from afar.
- Deer Tracks Junction – Visit and feed farm animals at Deer Tracks Junction in Cedar Springs. New as of last year, take your car through the safari drive-through and let animals come up to you as you feed them from the comfort of your car.
- Lewis Adventure Farm and Zoo – Located in New Era, Lewis Adventure Farm and Zoo lets you get up close and personal with their resident animals as well as providing many other activities for you and your family to enjoy.
- John Ball Zoo – If you’d rather spectate from afar head over to John Ball Zoo to admire the animals from around the world.
Spend a day at LMCU ballpark as you watch the West Michigan White Caps play ball! The LMCU ballpark hosts many different events and promotions for games all season long. Head over to their website and find one that fits your schedule! This makes for a great summer activity in Grand Rapids.
No summer is complete without a little friendly competition! Make sure to stop by BattleGR for some Axe Throwing or a game of Laser Tag! BattleGR is Grand Rapids’ #1 Best Gaming Venue with a one-of-kind facility that brings family and friends together while competing in fun games of AxeThrowing and Laser Tag. There are over 6 different games to choose from Tic Tac Toe, Connect 4, Zombie, Duck Hunting, Target, and a theme game. The professionally trained staff will teach you the correct way to throw an Axe to ensure it sticks in the target.Book Now!
What is better than enjoying the fresh air outdoors during summer in Grand Rapids? Enjoying some great music with your family and friends of course! Check out one of the many concerts presented by Fifth Third Bank at Fredrick Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park this summer. With an array of bands and genres to choose from, we are sure you will find at least one (but probably more) that you will want to attend! Check out the full schedule and more information here.
Choose from public or private tours with transportation or a walking brewery tour when you book with GR beer tours in Beer City USA. Travel around Grand Rapids and taste beer from many of the different breweries in Grand Rapids. This is a perfect activity to add to your summer bucket list in Grand Rapids!
Fowling pairs perfectly with any fun summer day! Try this thrilling experience as you see two of your favorite sports come together for a fun night out – Football and Bowling!
The Fowling Warehouse Grand Rapids is the home of the original football bowling pin game called Fowling! Rain or shine, it’s a great entertainment venue perfect for individuals, families, groups, and large teams to gather, play, have a few drinks, and have a blast! Never been a quarterback? No worries – ANYONE can do it! You’ll enjoy the teamwork, competition, and all the high fives. To win you just have to knock all of your pins down before your opponent knocks down theirs! The 45,000 sq. ft venue features two 45-foot-fully stocked bars, the $2 Mystery Beer Machine, 30 lanes of Fowling fun, and the Bonk Honk!
Enjoy the beauty of the blooming flowers when you visit the gardens at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park! With 158 acres, the gardens are a popular destination for people looking for things to do in Grand Rapids. Experience not only gardens with plants and flowers from all over the world but admire unique sculptures and artwork throughout.
Unlock tension and relieve group stress on the Mobile Happy Lights Relaxation Station. This modern spa on wheels combines FDA-approved PhotoBioModulation, Red Light Therapy, AromaTherapy, HaloTherapy (Himalayan & Dead Sea Salt Therapy), and ChromoTherapy to cleanse and recharge the body. Improve Circulation, Decrease Inflammation and Reduce Stress to re-connect within. This meditative experience is great for team building, workplaces, weddings, birthdays, and more. Take a break and relax on a nice warm summer day, while boosting your group’s mental health.
Be sure to catch all the beautiful summer days in Grand Rapids has to offer by getting out in nature and taking a hike! Check out the best hiking trails near Grand Rapids here!
With the summer here, it is time to get out and support all our local farmers! Be sure to visit one or more of the many farmer’s markets below to grab some fresh produce, crafts, and more!
Greater Grand Rapids
- Rockford Farmers Market
- Fulton Street Farmers Market
- Kentwood Farmers Market
- Ada Farmers Market
- Lowell Farmers Market
- Southeast Area Farmers Market
- Caledonia Farmers Market
- Byron Farmers Market
- Grandville Farmers Market
- Terra Square Farmers Market
- Sparta Pickers and Makers Market
- GVSU Farmer’s Market
- U of M Health – West Farmers Market Middleville Market